




I honestly don't know where to start. December was the busiest month for us so far. Before I begin my blog I always try to make a mental list of all the things I want to write about but this month just makes me dizzy. I think I may just hit off on the major things - otherwise this would be such a very long blog.
I guess one of the biggest things was that I graduated with my Masters in Education. It was very exciting for me, something I had always hoped for but never really knew if I would actually achieve it. I was very proud of myself for finishing up my degree even after the boys were born, which I can tell you, was not easy at all. But I think that it made graduation even more special because they were there to see me graduate even though they won't remember it. I was also very excited that both my mom and my dad and step-mom were able to come out and see me graduate as well. I hope that I made them super proud. Our friends Justin and Sara came with their little girls which was really awesome. And of course having Clint there was wonderful because he was also there when I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in English. Now I'm just kind of applying around at places, hoping to get a bite and someone will like me enough to hire me :)





Next big thing that happened was that Killian got his helmet off on December 23rd! Clint and I both went in knowing that it was a possibility, and we were beyond estatic when Amy told us that we would be graduating today. They did some final scans and imaging of his new noggin and we took some pictures and said our thanks yous and good-byes and then we were off - helmet free. We are very pleased with the results, he looks so much better and this will do wonders for him.




Of course the big event of the month was our very first family Christmas. The boys didn't really know what was going on but they really enjoyed opening presents. It was pretty cute. The best present we got was our boys. Having them makes our family and our life complete. This past year with them was so very warm and amazing. I won't say we didn't have our bumps in the road - but I think we've turned into pretty good parents and the boys and turned into amazing little dudes.




We had a wonderful and extended Christmas this year - the boys got to see and love on all of their grandparents throughout the month. They also got to enjoy hanging out with many of their cousins and even some of their aunts and uncles. It was definitely a family-filled month for us and it really meant so much to us to see how much our boys are loved. The boys got so many gifts - really probably more than they needed and all they really wanted to do was eat the wrapping paper. We want to thank everyone so much for all of their gifts and the boys (and mom) will soon be working on thank you cards to send out. They have enjoyed playing with all of their new toys and our living room once again looks like Babies R' Us exploded in here.
After having a wonderful visit with their grandparents in Huntsville, and then more visits for all of the rest of their grandparents here in Austin, the boys got a visit from my brothers Richard and Chris and their two cousins Ashley and Aly. We had a very busy week of nonstop fun. We went down to the Capitol building as well as going to Round Rock Donuts and eating donuts that are literally as big as your face. We drove down to Brenham and took a tour of the Blue Bell factory and got some yummy Blue Bell ice cream. We also took a trip to San Antonio and drove through the Wild Animal Park which the boys just loved. They enjoyed being able to put their heads and hands out the window and check out all the animals as well as try to pet them. They were really good boys and really enjoyed the experience of it all.



No comments:
Post a Comment