It's been almost a year since I wrote a blog for this site. Honestly, we have been so busy. Who would have ever guessed that twins keep you busy? What's so funny to me is to think that after the last blog, the boys were about to turn two and now here we are just a few months away from turning three. Time flies when you're losing your mind :)
I thought that for the new year I would start making a bigger effort to blog about our family adventures. So for this first blog of the new year, I thought I would take a little glimpse into what this year holds for us. Well it's only January and we've already taken a lovely family vacation up to the Byrd vacation home in Colorado with Big Rod and CiCi, Big Robo, and Uncle Chad and Aunt Misty. We played in the snow every day, we went into downtown Durango a few times, and we even got to go skiing up in Purgatory. It was beautiful up there and we definitely plan on spending a lot more time vacationing up there.
Our next big adventure will take place during our Spring Break in March. We will be packing up and heading to California to celebrate the boys' birthdays. We will be spending time visiting friends and family and then Ema and the four Byrds will be heading to Disneyland and California Adventure for two days for the big birthday celebration. We've been pumping them up for the big trip and watching as many Disney movies as we can so that we know who we will be seeing there. Graham's favorite movie is "Mermaid" and he loves having Mama sing Ariel's "aaaaaa" song!
Nothing else big planned until October when someone (not quite sure who) turns 30. We haven't figured out our plans for that celebration yet but I can say that Clint brings it up ALL THE TIME!
The boys have been doing great in school. They can recognize all their uppercase letters and most of their lowercase letters. They know all their letter sounds, colors, shapes, and have been learning number recognition. They can even count to ten in both English and Spanish and are almost up to twenty in English! They have each developed their own friendships with other kids and have just recently started being really nice and sweet to each other.
Their personalities are still totally different. Killian is this happy, always smiling giant kid. He's loud, physical, very curious and very loving. He picks up on other's emotions and is just a lover. He loves to build and create and figure out how things work. He's weighing in at around 35 pounds and I swear he's stronger than me. He's almost potty trained! I say almost because he was potty trained but the month craziness of December threw him off and now we're having poop in the underwear issues. Hopefully once we get back on our normal routine, we will get back to be totally potty trained!
Graham is my quiet crazy child. He loves to laugh and I swear that kid has non-stop energy and can morph into "crazy Graham" at any moment. His favorite thing to do is to read or be read to. He is such a bookworm, it just warms my heart. He spends a lot of time playing with all his different toy figurines and stuffed animals, really using his imagination while playing. Graham is skinny and feels lighter than a feather yet he's only three pounds lighter than his brother. Graham is always super proud of his accomplishments - "My take a nap! My eat chicken! My poop in the potty!" In one word, he's adorable! Potty training for him hasn't really started though he goes to the bathroom in the potty all the time. I thought I would wait until life settled down and then we would start working on it.
As for me and Clint, we're good and same old same old. I plan on doing a few more triathlons this year, especially because now I have an awesome new road bike! Clint says he'll do one with me - but we'll see. We are loving being parents and cannot wait until we are DONE with diapers and DONE with the terribleness of the twos. It's sad seeing our babies grow up but we are definitely enjoying all the time we have had with them in our lives.
Finally, we think this will be the year where we rescue another dog. Batman is going to need a buddy once my dad takes back his two dogs that have been staying with us. I still miss Jerry every day but I think I might be ready to look into getting a new family dog which will make everyone happy.
2012 sounds like a fabulous year. Can't wait to see you in March! xoxo.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is overflowing! Your words, as usual, have touched me deeply. I love you all to the moon and back.
ReplyDelete