





Well it had to happen at some point. Our little babies are growing up! It seems as if every day something new happens. Maybe it's because we have twins that it seems as if it is EVERY DAY. I have to admit that as much as I enjoy watching them grow and discover new things, I am sad to see them grow up so quickly. Yes, yes, everyone warned me that it goes by so fast but I think it goes by a bit faster when you have twins. Simply because, though I have two babies, I will only experience this baby stage once. And then of course again with the toddler stage, the little people stage, the teenager stage and so on.
Well I can't believe I am saying this but my baby boys are FIVE MONTHS OLD!!! They are my little men. As I have said before, they are both rolling over tummy to back and back to tummy. They both eat six ounces at a time and have recently discovered what their hands are for. They love grabbing at things, holding onto toys that are in front of them, and even, holding onto their bottles. Yes, they can both hold their bottles! Not for long, maybe for around a minute, but it's still pretty impressive. They talk and talk and talk - sometimes even in response to each other. They are still doing great in their cribs and tend to wake up in pretty good moods.
What are some new things that have happened, you ask. Well, today the boys had their first "bites" of cereal. They weren't too thrilled with it. Not so much that the taste bothered them but more just trying to understand what to do with it. Killian just let it dribble out of his mouth for the most part, though he eventually started getting the hang of it. Graham let it sit in his mouth for a long time, before finally letting it dribble out of his mouth as well. Toward the end I think he finally started understanding that it was food and started "chewing" and getting it moved down into his stomach. Well, tomorrow is another day. We'll see if they get the hang of it then :)
Another exciting thing? Graham can sit on his own! He doesn't last too terribly long before he falls over but it is a very exciting thing for us. He seems to enjoy it, so this is something we'll practice every day. Killian is not anywhere near Graham's sitting ability - it's his big ol' head that makes him fall over immediately. But we'll be working with him every day on sitting up as well until he gets the hang of it. I do have to say though, that the little man is doing a GREAT job holding his head up now. He seems to get better every day. And lastly, Graham can also stand up when holding onto something. Again, like the sitting, he doesn't last very long but we are still so proud. I think we're going to be in trouble with that little dude. Well I hope you enjoy the pictures and video. It's now time for me to get back to my homework. Dun dun dun . . .
Love - Rhiannon
No comments:
Post a Comment