Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Braunfels River trip 2009








On Saturday May 30th, 2009 we took the boys down for a day trip to New Braunfels. It was the annual Roark reunion, and though we normally stay for the weekend and camp, this year with two small infants it just wasn't possible.



The boys were really good despite it being so hot and they loved being passed around and held and adored by everybody. At one point, once they had gotten really hot and sweaty, Linda and I took them into the river to cool off while Clint snapped some pictures and video. The water was nice and warm - in fact, if I had known it was going to be warm and not freezing like I expected it, I would have brought the boys little swim diapers. Oh well.



Graham was the first one to touch the water and he was definitely not expecting it as he jolted with shock and let out a little whimper. But then he got over the initial shock and enjoyed the water running over his legs. Killian quite enjoyed himself as well as we lifted them in and out of the water. Once I realized that I had dipped Graham so low into the water that his diaper and onesie got wet, I just decided that we would take off their diapers and let them enjoy the water a little more.



Well they really enjoyed it, even as we scooped water over their heads to cool them off. At one point I looked down at my arm to see that Graham had let some of his wet poop out and onto my arm. Yuck. Of course it was even funnier when we got out of the water and little naked Killian peed all over Linda - I mean ALL OVER :)



All in all it was a good day visiting family. The boys didn't seem to mind the heat and really seemed to enjoy being outside and looking at all the new scenery. They are definitely going to be water babies - they enjoy their baths as well as enjoying the river. Next step - POOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful way to keep folks informed of the Byrds' many adventures! I just love it. The photos of the boys' first trip to the Guadalupe River are just fabulous! What a treat it was to have all four of you there. I love you all. Mom/Gamma Cook

    ReplyDelete